What You Should Know
Welcome to the VRI*ety Exchange web site (this "Web Site"), controlled and operated by Vacation Resorts International ("VRI").
The goal of VRI*ety Exchange is to offer you incredible vacation values by providing you with all of the comforts of home at
resorts and timeshare locations around the world. Please read our Terms and Conditions (the "Terms") carefully before continuing use of this Web Site.
These Terms and Conditions set forth the legally binding agreement between al parties when you use this Web Site. You may use this Web Site and the services and/or products offered there under as long as
you comply with these Terms and Conditions. By accessing or using this Web Site, you agree to the Terms. The Terms
are meant to protect all of our Web Site visitors and your use of this Web Site signifies your agreement with these
Terms. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH THESE TERMS, DO NOT USE THIS WEB SITE. VRI reserves the right, in its sole discretion,
to modify, alter or otherwise update these Terms at any time. Such modifications shall be effective immediately upon
posting. By using this Web Site after we have posted notice of such modifications, alterations or updates, you agree
to be bound by such revised Terms. In accordance with our goals, this Web Site will permit you to link to many other
web sites, that may or may not be affiliated with this Web Site and/or VRI, and that may have Terms and Conditions
that differ from, or contain terms in addition to, the terms specified here. Your access to such web sites through
links provided on this Web Site is governed by the Terms and Conditions and policies of those web sites, not this
Ownership, Trademarks, Copyrights and Restrictions
This Web Site is controlled and operated by VRI , 23041 Avenida de la Carlota, Suite 400, Laguna Hills, CA 92653.
All content on this Web Site, including, but not limited to text, images, illustrations, audio clips, and video
clips, is protected by copyrights, trademarks, service marks, and/or other intellectual property rights (which are
governed by U.S. and worldwide trademark laws, copyright laws and treaty provisions, privacy and publicity laws,
and communication regulations and statutes), and are owned and controlled by VRI or its affiliates, or by third
party content providers, merchants, sponsors and licensors (collectively "Providers") that have licensed their
content or the right to market their products and/or services to VRI. Content on this Web Site or any web site owned,
operated, licensed or controlled by the Providers is solely for your personal, non-commercial use. VRI grants you a
limited, non-transferable license to use this Web Site in accordance with the terms and conditions of these Terms and
Conditions. You may only use this Web Site to make legitimate reservations or purchases and shall not use this Web
Site for any other purpose, including without limitation, to make any speculative, false or fraudulent reservations
or any reservation in anticipation of demand. You may print a copy of the content and/or information contained herein
for your personal, non-commercial use only, but you may not copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit,
distribute, and/or exploit the content or information in any way (including by e-mail or other electronic means) for
commercial use without the prior written consent of VRI or the Providers. Without the prior written consent of VRI
or the Providers, your modification of the content, use of the content on any other web site or networked computer
environment, or use of the content for any purpose other than personal, non-commercial use, violates the rights of
the owners of the VRI and/or the Provider copyrights, trademarks or service marks and other proprietary rights, and
is prohibited. As a condition to your use of this Web Site, you warrant to VRI that you will not use this Web Site
for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by these Terms, including without limitation the posting or transmitting
any threatening, libelous, defamatory, obscene, scandalous, inflammatory, pornographic, or profane material. If you
violate any of these Terms, your permission to use this Web Site immediately terminates without the necessity of any
notice. VRI retains the right to deny access to anyone at its discretion for any reason, including for violation of
these Terms. You may not use on your web site any trademarks, service marks or copyrighted materials appearing on this
Web Site, including but not limited to any logos or characters, without the express written consent of the owner of the
mark or copyright. You may not frame or otherwise incorporate into another web site any of the content or other materials
on this Web Site without prior written consent of VRI.
Age and Responsibility
If you use this Web Site, you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account information and your
password. You agree to accept responsibility for all activities that occur under your account or password. You
represent that you are of sufficient legal age to use this Web Site and to create binding legal obligations for any
liability you may incur as a result of the use of this Web Site. You understand that you are financially responsible
for all uses of this Web Site by you and those using your login information.
This Web Site may contain links to other web sites ("Linked Sites"). The Linked Sites are provided for your convenience
and information only and, as such, you access them at your own risk. The content of any Linked Sites is not under VRI's
control, and VRI is not responsible for, and does not endorse, such content, whether or not VRI is affiliated with the
owners of such Linked Sites. You may not establish a hyperlink to this Web Site or provide any links that state or
imply any sponsorship or endorsement of your web site by VRI, or its affiliates or Providers.
Disclaimer of Warranties and Liability
ALL CONTENT ON THIS WEB SITE IS PROVIDED "AS IS" AND WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. OTHER
THAN THOSE WARRANTIES WHICH, UNDER THE U.S. LAWS APPLICABLE TO THESE TERMS, ARE IMPLIED BY LAW AND ARE INCAPABLE OF
EXCLUSION, RESTRICTION, OR MODIFICATION, VRI DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT
LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. NEITHER VRI, ITS AFFILIATED
OR RELATED ENTITIES, NOR THE PROVIDERS, NOR ANY PERSON INVOLVED IN THE CREATION, PRODUCTION, AND DISTRIBUTION OF THIS
WEB SITE WARRANT THAT THE FUNCTIONS CONTAINED IN THIS WEB SITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE, THAT DEFECTS WILL
BE CORRECTED, OR THAT THE SERVER THAT MAKES THE CONTENT AVAILABLE WILL BE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS.
THE CONTENT THAT YOU ACCESS ON THIS WEB SITE IS PROVIDED SOLELY FOR YOUR CONVENIENCE AND INFORMATION ONLY. VRI DOES
NOT WARRANT OR MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS REGARDING THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF THIS WEB SITE, OR
AS TO THE RELIABILITY, ACCURACY OR CURRENCY OF ANY INFORMATION CONTENT, SERVICE AND/OR MERCHANDISE ACQUIRED PURSUANT
TO YOUR USE OF THIS WEB SITE.
YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT USE OF THIS WEB SITE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. YOU (AND NOT VRI) ASSUME THE ENTIRE COST OF
ALL NECESSARY SERVICING, REPAIR OR CORRECTION OF YOUR SYSTEM. YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT NEITHER VRI, NOR ITS AFFILIATED
OR RELATED ENTITIES (INCLUDING ITS PROVIDERS), NOR ANY OF THEIR RESPECTIVE EMPLOYEES, OR AGENTS, NOR ANY PERSON OR
ENTITY INVOLVED IN THE CREATION, PRODUCTION AND DISTRIBUTION OF THIS WEB SITE, IS RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE TO ANY PERSON
OR ENTITY WHATSOEVER FOR ANY LOSS, DAMAGE (WHETHER ACTUAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, PUNITIVE OR OTHERWISE), INJURY, CLAIM,
LIABILITY OR OTHER CAUSE OF ANY KIND OR CHARACTER WHATSOEVER BASED UPON OR RESULTING FROM THE USE OR ATTEMPTED USE OF
THIS WEB SITE OR ANY OTHER LINKED SITE. BY WAY OF EXAMPLE, AND WITHOUT LIMITING THE GENERALITY OF THE FOREGOING, VRI
AND RELATED PERSONS AND ENTITIES SHALL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM OR DAMAGE ARISING FROM FAILURE OF
PERFORMANCE, ERROR, OMISSION, INTERRUPTION, DELETION, DEFECT, DELAY IN OPERATION, COMPUTER VIRUS, THEFT, DESTRUCTION,
UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR ALTERATION OF PERSONAL RECORDS, OR THE RELIANCE UPON OR USE OF DATA, INFORMATION, OPINIONS
OR OTHER MATERIALS APPEARING ON THIS WEB SITE. YOU EXPRESSLY ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT VRI IS NOT LIABLE OR RESPONSIBLE
FOR ANY DEFAMATORY, OFFENSIVE OR ILLEGAL CONDUCT OF OTHER SUBSCRIBERS OR THIRD PARTIES. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT
ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES. IN SUCH JURISDICTIONS, VRI'S
LIABILITY IS LIMITED TO THE GREATEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless VRI and the Providers, its and their officers, directors, employees,
affiliates, agents, licensors, and suppliers from and against all losses, expenses, damages and costs, including
reasonable attorneys' fees, resulting from any violation by you of these Terms.
THIRD PARTY RIGHTS
These Terms are for the benefit of VRI and its Providers, its and their officers, directors, employees, affiliates,
agents, licensors, and suppliers. Each of these individuals or entities shall have the right to assert and enforce
these Terms directly against you on its or their own behalf.
Unless otherwise specified, the content contained in this Web Site is presented solely for your convenience and/or
information. This Web Site is controlled and operated by VRI from its offices within Laguna Hills, CA. VRI makes no
representation that content in this Web Site is appropriate or available for use in other locations. Those who choose
to access this Web Site from other locations do so on their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with
local laws, if and to the extent local laws are applicable. You may not use or export the materials in this Web Site
in violation of U.S. export laws and regulations. These Terms shall be governed by, construed and enforced in accordance
with the laws of the State of California, as they are applied to agreements entered into and to be performed entirely
within such State. Any action you, any third party or VRI brings to enforce these Terms, or in connection with any
matter s related to this Web Site, shall be brought only in either the state or Federal courts located in California and
you expressly consent to the jurisdiction of said courts. If any provision of these Terms shall be unlawful, void or for
any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from these Terms and shall not affect the validity
and enforceability of any remaining provisions.
Additional terms and conditions may apply to reservations, purchases of goods and services and other uses of portions
of this Web Site, and you agree to abide by all other applicable terms and conditions including, but not limited to,
paying all amounts owed on a timely basis and complying with all rules and restrictions regarding availability of products,
programs or services. These additional terms and conditions include, but are not limited to, the following: We are only
responsible for written representations that we make on this Web Site and are not responsible for any representations
made by any other person or entity. Information about resorts and other accommodations available hereunder is based on
information obtained from such resorts and/or providers of such accommodations. We expressly disclaim liability for
inaccurate, incomplete or misleading information concerning any resort or provider of accommodations. Confirmations issued
hereunder are valid only if issued by us. Upon receipt, please check all the details in the Confirmation and notify us
immediately if anything is incorrect, as changes to any aspect of the Confirmation may be treated as a cancellation. The
total number of people occupying any accommodation(s) must not exceed the maximum occupancy of the particular accommodation(s)
set forth in the Confirmation; otherwise, access may be refused or the applicable resort or provider of the accommodations
may levy an additional charge. You are responsible for payment of any applicable taxes, gratuities, personal expenses,
utility charges, security deposits and other fees or charges levied by a resort and/or provider of accommodations for the use
of amenities and facilities. You and your guests must occupy and use any accommodations in a responsible, careful and secure
manner. You are responsible for any acts and omissions which result in any damage, theft or loss caused by you or your guests
while using the accommodations. You must be at least twenty-one (21) years of age to confirm a vacation on this Web Site.
In some instances, the minimum age to make a reservation may be higher where required by a resort or other provider of
accommodations. Any complaints about the accommodations or services provided at a resort should be made at the earliest
opportunity to a person in authority at the resort and to us. A Confirmation may not be used for any commercial purpose,
including rental or sale of the accommodation(s) which is/are represented by such Confirmation. A Confirmation may only be
used by the person whose name(s) appears on the Confirmation. We reserve the right to cancel your Confirmation if payment
for any accommodation(s) is/are rejected by your bank or credit card company. In the event that a resort or other accommodation
becomes uninhabitable due to a natural disaster, we will not be liable for any resulting cancellations and no refund of any
amounts paid by you will be made. If the accommodations which you confirmed become unavailable due to natural disaster, act
of God, civil unrest or any other reason beyond our control, you waive any and all claims against us. We will have no
liability to you for any loss, injury or damage which may occur while you stay at resort or other accommodation confirmed
by you through VRI or as a result of any third party. Our liability for any loss, injury or damage incurred by you as a
result of any action or failure to act on our part, will be limited to consideration paid by you for the accommodation provided
by or through VRI, and in no event will we be liable for special, consequential or punitive damages. This limitation of
liability shall also apply to all affiliated companies, servants and agents of VRI. These Terms and Conditions constitute
the entire agreement between you and us with respect to this Web Site and your use of this Web Site. As such, these Terms
and Conditions (as modified by us, from time to time) will be deemed to supersede any prior or future communications, whether
electronic, oral or written, between us. A printed version of these Terms and Conditions given in electronic form shall be
admissible in judicial or administrative proceedings to the same extent, and subject to, the same conditions as other business
documents and records originally generated and maintained in printed form. All accommodations confirmed are on an "As Is And
with All Faults" basis. We hereby expressly disclaim all warranties relating to any accommodations purchased hereunder, express o
r implied, statutory or otherwise, including, without limitation, any and all warranties of merchantability or fitness for
a particular purpose.
Although most travel, including travel to international destinations, is completed without incident, travel to certain destinations may involve greater risk than others.
VRI urges passengers to review travel prohibitions, warnings, announcements and advisories issued by the United States Government prior to booking travel to international destinations. Information on conditions in various countries and the level of risk associated with travel to particular international destinations can be found at www.state.gov, www.tsa.gov, www.dot.gov, www.faa.gov, www.cdc.gov, www.treas.gov/ofac, www.customs.gov and http://www.voyage.gc.ca/index-eng.asp
It is the traveler's responsibility to obtain information on passport requirements and travel documentation requirements. For information on passports, U.S. citizens can visit the State Department's Web site at http://travel.state.gov/, or call the U.S. National Passport Information Center: (877) 4USA-PPT
BY OFFERING FOR SALE TRAVEL TO PARTICULAR INTERNATIONAL DESTINATIONS, VRI AND IT'S TRAVEL PARTNERS DO NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT THAT TRAVEL TO SUCH POINTS IS ADVISABLE OR WITHOUT RISK, AND IS NOT LIABLE FOR DAMAGES OR LOSSES THAT MAY RESULT FROM TRAVEL TO SUCH DESTINATIONS.
DepositingOwners at VRI-managed resorts and clubs are entitled to participate in VRI*ety Exchange. VRI*ety Exchange is an internal exchange program for VRI-managed resort owners only, powered by Trading Places International (TPI). VRI and TPI have affiliated to facilitate the VRI*ety Exchange programs. In order for your vacation ownership week to be deposited with VRI*ety Exchange your current ownership at a VRI-managed resort will be verified and your resort or management company must:
- Verify your ownership and reservation information
- Verify the maintenance fee is paid for the week and year being deposited
- Verify the week is not assigned to another company or guest
- VRI*ety Exchange accepts only 7-night reservations for deposit. Weeks may be deposited up to 24 months prior to start date of the scheduled reservation, subject to the rules of the resort.
- Deposit is guaranteed if submitted 60 days or more prior to arrival, subject to verification as outlined above. Each deposit is assigned a season of red, white or blue as determined by VRI and TPI. Upon verification you will receive a Banking Acknowledgement for one (1) week exchange credit with VRI*ety Exchange for each deposited week.
- Deposits submitted at less than aforementioned lead-time may not be eligible for guaranteed deposit. Upon verification VRI*ety may require use by a guest before a week of credit will be assigned to your account.
- Deposited inventory becomes the exclusive property of VRI*ety and their guest.
- An exchange fee as well as applicable Guest Use, unit size and/or season upgrade fee will be collected at time of exchange confirmation.
- Deposits expire 24 months from the arrival date of deposited vacation week.
- A deposited week is required to place an exchange request. Requests may be entered up to 24 months prior to requested arrival date.
- Once we have received a vacation week which matches your request, an agent will contact you to complete the exchange transaction. Requests are fulfilled based upon request entry date. First request received is first offered.
- Two attempts to contact you will be made. In the event of no reply within five business days, we will assume you do not wish to confirm and the available exchange inventory will be offered to the next waiting member.
- We are unable to hold inventory
- Available inventory is subject to supply and demand.
- Once a confirmation is made, reservation fees are non-refundable so plan carefully.
- To be eligible for exchanging within the VRI*ety Exchange system, all maintenance fee assessments or similar charges must be current at your resort.
- Your week must be deposited with VRI*ety before an exchange can be made. A written Banking Acknowledgement will be sent to you, confirming that your week has been successfully deposited.
- Exchanges may be requested up to twenty-four (24) months in advance of travel. You may exchange your use time for comparable accommodations in a comparable season at any resort in the VRI system, based upon space availability.
- VRI cannot guarantee fulfillment of any specific exchange request. A successful exchange meets two requirements: 1) the member's deposited week can be used, and 2) an acceptable destination can be confirmed.
- A written exchange confirmation will be sent to you along with significant resort information. You are responsible for printing your confirmation for exchanges made online. This confirmation must be presented upon arrival at the resort.
- All confirmed exchanges are final. All reservation fees are nonrefundable.
- VRI*ety Exchange must be notified if someone other than owner of record will be occupying the unit. Guest fee will be collected at time of name change. Written confirmation is required for check-in. Inbound guest must comply with each resort's own check-in/check-out dates, times and procedures.
- If you do not contact VRI*ety Exchange or your confirmed resort at least 48 hours prior to your scheduled arrival date to advise of a late arrival or no-show, your reservation may be canceled 24 hours after your scheduled arrival. You will not be relieved of any fees as a result of your failure to check-in or notify the resort by this deadline.
- You are responsible for the payment of any expenses incurred, e.g., additional fees for the use of certain amenities and facilities, as well as damages caused by you or your guests while staying in your exchange unit, and for the replacement of any missing items. These fees are collected at the resort. Guests are also responsible for any such personal charges, damage deposits, transient occupancy taxes, phone calls, energy surcharge fees, etc.
- All exchange agreements are exclusive. You, the member, will be charged the cost to re-accommodate any guest denied use of your deposited unit as a result of your error.
- The resorts featured in VRI*ety exchange programs are not necessarily directly affiliated with VRI, and are subject to change without notice. No claims of information or availability are made.
- All ownership transfers are the responsibility of the owners/member. VRI assumes no responsibility for determining rights to a deposited or banked week during an ownership transfer. Determining such entitlement is the sole responsibility of the seller and buyer and should be communicated to VRI.
Borrow Weeks/Extend Your Week
Your deposited week may be exchanged up to two years prior to your time ("borrow"), or deposited and used up to two years after your time, subject to your resort association's rules and regulations. If you wish to extend your deposited week beyond this two-year window, call VRI*ety Exchange and pay an extension fee before any deposited week expires.
Unit Size and Season Upgrade
Hot Deals Condo Rentals
A unit upgrade is defined as an exchange into a larger unit size or higher season than the one you deposited. Fees depend on upgrade levels, lead times and availability. You are urged to purchase the unit size and season you are most likely to use, as upgrade availability is subject to supply and demand.
- All Hot Deals reservations are non-changeable and non-refundable. Vacation Insurance is available.
- A written confirmation will be sent to you along with significant resort information. You are responsible for printing your confirmation for Hot Deals reservations made online. This confirmation must be presented upon arrival at the resort.
- If you do not contact VRI or your confirmed resort at least 48 hours prior to your scheduled arrival date to advise of a late arrival or no-show, your reservation may be canceled 24 hours after your scheduled arrival. You will not be relieved of any fees as a result of your failure to check-in or notify the resort by this deadline.
- Some resorts require a mandatory all-inclusive fee. Please verify this information on the resort details page.
- You are responsible for the payment of any expenses incurred, e.g., additional fees for the use of certain amenities and facilities, as well as damages caused by you or your guests while staying in your unit, and for the replacement of any missing items. These fees are collected at the resort. Guests are also responsible for any such personal charges, damage deposits, transient occupancy taxes, phone calls, etc.
- VRI liability for any loss or damage arising out of the use of the VRI program is limited to the fees paid by you. VRI assumes no liability for acts of God or other unforeseen events which may limit its ability to provide any of the programs described herein.
Resorts to Ports
- You must be an owner of a VRI managed property to complete a Resorts to Ports® cruise Exchange.
- Your resort must qualify and complete verification process for inclusion in the Resorts to Ports® program.
- Our travel counselor will factor in the value of your week and arrive at the balance cost for your cruise or vacation package. Taxes will be added.
- Initial cruise or vacation package deposit and exchange fee required at time of reservation.
- Timeshare Use Weeks will be accepted up to two years in advance as long as that year's maintenance fees and assessments are paid.
- Bonus Weeks will not be accepted.
- Timeshare Use Week must not have been previously banked or deposited.
- The timeshare Use Week that will be applied toward your cruise or vacation package must be reserved with VRI and submitted to the Resorts to Ports® program at least six months prior to the arrival date of your use time reservation with qualifying dates for the program.
- Written confirmations will be sent after initial deposit for cruise or vacation package is remitted.
- The timeshare Use Week deposit given to the Resorts to Ports® program to apply toward a cruise or vacation package is final and cannot be returned.
- All terms and conditions of the cruise lines or vacation supplier apply.
- Qualifying cruises or vacation packages are for a minimum 7-night stay and are booked on "space available" basis.
- "Courtesy bookings" are not included in this program. A courtesy booking is any reservation not subject to full payment of fees paid to our direct travel suppliers.
- Rates are priced per person and based on double occupancy.
- Program and conditions subject to change without notice. Some restrictions apply.
Seller of Travel
- Trading Places is a registered seller of travel in California. Registration number: 1008862-10 Registration as a seller of travel in California does not constitute the state's approval.